Location: Loudoun EOC
- Presentation on Traffic Management – Chris Patton W3CUM
- Traffic Management Practice
- Future NETS and Traffic Handling
- Discussion of next topics:
- FLDigi Suite
- Use of Procedureal Words
- Assemble a 24 hour go kit
- ODEN /A Primary: 3947 kHz / LSB Alternate: 7240 kHz / LSB
- ODEN /B Primary: 3943 kHz / LSB Alternate: 7248 kHz / LSB
ANCS (Alternate Network Control Station)
Starting in March, please sign up for ANCS slots. The ANCS will send traffic on the net to the NCS. Other duties includes tracking call ins. For examples, 4 mobile call ins and 6 standard calls ins.
- There will be a Feb Traffic Training Session. Date TBD.
- Starting in March, the NET will practice traffic handling each week between the ANCS and NCS.
- Others may send traffic too.
We will develop PACE for both Voice and Digital. Digital will include HF.
- Location: Loudoun EOC
- Time: 6:50PM
- SET Overview
- Handling Traffic Discussion
- AUXCOMM Conference Sunday, March 29, 2019
- Finish WINLINK install at INOVA
- Va Def Forces Monthly COMMEX (60M)
- Discuss Loudoun ARES Net that will soon be held Tuesdays at 8:30PM on N4FSC Repeater – 145.31 MHz (PL 77)
- Review NCS script
- Discuss anti-jamming techniques such as Primary, Alternative, Contingency and Emergency (PACE) and alternating PL (requires repeater coordinator)
- Steps to complete INOVA WINLINK install
- January SEP – Need just two more volunteers to sign up for the 8AM-2PM At Home. See attached sheet. NB: signing up is a firm committment. You can of course participate even if you cannot sign up now.
- Bring your Training Task Books for signature
The Kenwood D710 located on the second floor radio room was connected via a USB-to-Serial (8 pin) cable to a laptop with WINLINK. We successfully sent and received email over the radio. Hospital located at 44045 Riverside Pkwy, Leesburg, VA 20176
Plug the USB side of the cable into the PC.
Plug the 8 pin accessory plug in the back of the head unit of the D710 labeled COM (NOT in the main body, that is the programming port).
Open a Telnet Winlink session to download any backlogged messages.
Open Packet Winlink session.
From SETUP, pick the D710 from the drop down menu. Be sure you choice the correct Band A or B.
Pick the correct Serial Port for your USB cable.
- Change the Maximum frames to 2.
Choose CHANNEL SELECTION.
Pick a nearby by gateway and not the frequency.
- Set Band A or B to that frequency.
- Choose Start.
Create New Message
Post to Out box
Select “Open Session”
- Primary (Voice Alpha repeater frequency)
- Alternative (Voice Bravo simplex frequency)
- Contingency (WINLINK)
- Emergency (TBD)